Simple tips to maintain your batik:
- Please avoid machine wash. Hand washing recommended.
- Do not use chlorine bleach, strong detergents or brighteners
- Avoid heavy wringing and twisting to squeeze out water
- Hang dry in shady area inside out
- Lerak is most ideal for washing batik
Tip: Add a cap of white vinegar into water and wash your batik for a few minutes. This helps to maintain the colour and reduce bleeding if any. This has generally worked for us, but not always.
It is common for batik to bleed excess dye and there's no hard and fast way to differentiate which batik bleeds and which ones don't.
In the rare occurrence that the batik dye bleeds onto the clothing, add a scoop of Vanish powder into a pail of water. Soak the clothing for 2 hours and rinse thoroughly with clean water afterwards. This should help remove any visible dye stains.
With the above little tips and tricks, we hope to be able to maintain your batik purchase as a treasured possession for years to come.